Adaptive Release controls the release of content to users based on a set of rules created by the Instructor. The rules may be related to availability, date and time, individual users, group membership, scores or attempts on any Grade Center item, calculated columns in Grade Center, or review status of an item in the Course.
You can use adaptive release for a number of reasons. You can, for example, use adaptive release to:
- Make sure that students work through online materials before taking a test
- Provide pre-screening of students level of knowledge and opening up remedial material for those that need it.
- Provide different case studies or tasks for different project groups to undertake
- Ensure students work through materials in a timely manner
- Support scaffolded learning approaches by ensuring that students complete foundational work before attempting more complex tasks or assessments
Blackboard Help Tutorials
- About Adaptive Release
- Basic and Advanced Adaptive Release
- Managing Adaptive Release Rules
- Adding Adaptive Release Criteria
- Examples of Advanced Adaptive Release